What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the technology that allows to automate any task which humans do it manually. In other words, we can say RPA is a software program which copies the human action while interacting with the computer applications and automates the repetitive and rule based processes.
RPA can be helpful to fill the gap between systems and process. RPA helps to ensure that tasks is completed more quickly as the tool can retrieve the data from the background. Tool can do repetitive work more quickly, accurately, and tirelessly than humans.
RPA helps in fast release, less time consumption, less cost consumption and quality is also assured with the correctness.
Also many enterprises are adopting digital methods for their operation because they understood that future lies in routine operation being fully automated. Speed of execution and accuracy are the two biggest advantages of digitization.
Pros & Cons of RPA
- Improves productivity by saving time and cost.
- Reduces human intervention thus reduces human errors.
- Provides real time visibility for bugs discovery.
- Can be used by non-technical person also as minimum level of programming skills are required to use.
- It is easy to automate lengthy and repetitive process.
- Needs less training to start working on RPA tool.
- For small changes also in an application, robots need to be reconfigured.
- Dependency of bots the speed of applications.
Tools for RPA:
It is a RPA software that provides an agile digital workforce to the organizations. It can be downloaded from
Another important tool for RPA is Automation Anywhere which can be downloaded from
It is a RPA software. It helps organizations to automate processes efficiently. It can be downloaded from
It is another robotic process automation tool which provides AI-powered platform to automate operations. It can be downloaded from
What is UIPath?
UIPath is RPA tool used for windows and web automation. It was founded in the year 2005 by the Romanian entrepreneurs Daniel Dines and Marius Tirca.
This helps in automating the manual task which are time consuming. It also reduces the human interventions.
It is one of the simplest RPA tool as it provides drag and drop and flowchart functionalities for almost all activities and it is very easy to learn so it can be used by the person with less technical knowledge.
Pros & Cons of UIPath
- Artificial Intelligence: AI reduces the automation costs and meets the service level by using synchronised queue work and robot deployments with workflow and events.
- Scalability: it deploys and manage various number of processes from FE to BE with regardless of complexity. It also has absolute consistency in job performance.
- Quality of agile process: as it uses agile technique, so it is very useful for both client and organisation.
- Flexibility: it provides flexibility to both users and organisation
- UI Path is optimised for faster development and designed in such a manner to deliver the quick return on investments.
- Tool cannot read unstructured input data
- The number of robots are limited in Orchestrator community edition.
- There are some limitations of automated work. When automation is applied then it requires judgement related work.
- When a task is automated then you need to be aware of various inputs that are coming from multiple resources.